LTR Dressage offers a working student program for individuals seeking to advance their dressage, horsemanship, and stable management skills. This position is ideal for people who have an interest in becoming a professional in the horse industry or anyone who wants to dedicate themselves to becoming a better horse person and student of dressage.
We are very committed to providing an opportunity for the real education of young, ambitious equestrians in a competitive dressage program. We can offer shared housing, the opportunity to advance your riding and horsemanship skills at an accelerated rate and "hands on" experience with quality horses and top professionals. Students will have opportunities for showing ranging from small schooling shows to large recognized competitions.
LTR Dressage Working Student Program
• A passion for dressage and for learning something from every horse and every ride
• Someone who pays attention to details, takes initiative, and can make decisions
• A self-starter with a willingness to go above and beyond without being told
• Ability to make a full-time, long term commitment to your training - ideally six months to a year.
• Ability to take instruction, retain learning, and apply it when not supervised
• Minimum, very solid dressage basics.
• Professional appearance and manner.
• Up to four lessons per week.
• Shared housing.
• Board for your horse or we will help to find you a project if you have committed to a term of six months or longer.
• Small stipend.
• Opportunities to show
Opportunity to train as far as your abilities, and your horse, can take you under the guidance of a proven trainer of horses of many types from starting youngsters thru FEI Grand Prix competitors.
For more information please get in touch with Julie or Lyndon to discuss your goals and how you can fit in with the team!
The student shares in the basic daily care of all horses, training equipment, and upkeep of the facility. Travel to competitions is possible.
The care of the horses is most important to us! This means routines are created that best serve the horses, not the people.
We ride 6 days a week. You will have one and one-half days off each week. Having fun is not out of the question, but it is a working training and sales facility.
How to apply: